Tel: +44(0)20 799 35350 | E-mail:

Personal Immigration

Global Talent Visa

The Global Talent route is for people aged 18 or over in the field of science, engineering, humanities, medicine, digital technology or arts and culture who can show they have exceptional talent or exceptional promise.

Applicants must be endorsed by a recognised UK body, as approved by the Home Office. Individuals can apply to one of the following endorsing bodies who will verify their expertise before they can apply for a visa:

  • The Royal Society, for science and medicine;
  • The Royal Academy of Engineering, for engineering;
  • The British Academy, for humanities;
  • UK Research and Innovation, for science and research;
  • Tech Nation, for digital technology;
  • Arts Council England, for arts and culture.

Once endorsed, subject to criminality and immigration checks, migrants are given a highly flexible permission, enabling them to work for employers or be self-employed; change jobs without informing the Home Office; travel abroad and return to the UK for research purposes; and bring dependants with them.

Start Up Visa

The Start-up route is for those setting up a business for the first time, who need to work to support themselves while developing their business ideas. Applicants can be individuals or teams. Each applicant must have the support of an approved Endorsing Body. Endorsing Bodies are either Higher Education Providers or business organisations who have a track record of supporting UK based entrepreneurs and the support of a Government Department. Endorsing Bodies assess each application to ensure it is innovative, viable and scalable, and are responsible for monitoring the progress of the businesses they endorse.

Innovator Visa

The Innovator route is for those with industry experience and at least £50,000 funding, who can dedicate their working time to their business ventures, or those moving from Start-up who are progressing their business. Applicants can be individuals or teams. Like the start up route, each applicant must have the support of an approved Endorsing Body.

Student Visa

To be eligible for the Student visa, you will need to demonstrate:

  • you have been offered a place on a course by a Home Office-licensed Student sponsor
  • you can speak, read, write and understand English
  • you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course
  • you genuinely intend to study in the UK
  • There is a separate Child Student visa for child students aged between 4 to 17 years old who wish to study at an independent school.

Graduate Visa

If you successfully complete a degree at undergraduate level or above in the UK, you can apply for a Graduate visa to stay and work, or look for work, for a maximum period of 2 years (3 years for doctoral students) after completing your studies.

Family Visa

You need a family visa to live with a family member in the UK for more than 6 months. You can apply for a family visa to live with your:

  • spouse or partner
  • fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
  • child
  • parent
  • relative who’ll provide long-term care for you

British Citizenship

You can apply for citizenship if you’ve lived in the UK for 5 years and have had one of the following for 12 months:

  • indefinite leave to remain in the UK
  • ‘settled status’ (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain under the EU Settlement Scheme’)
  • indefinite leave to enter the UK (permission to move to the UK permanently from abroad)

You do not need to wait 12 months to apply if you’re married to a British citizen.

You must also:

  • be over 18
  • prove you were in the UK exactly 5 years before the day the Home Office receives your application
  • prove your knowledge of English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic
  • have passed the life in the UK test
  • intend to continue living in the UK
  • be of good character 

Other Visa

  • Indefinite Leave to remain (ILR)
  • Register child under 18 as British citizen



Fields marked with * are mandatory:
Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement  |  Copyright © 2008 by RAS