Tel: +44(0)20 799 35350 | E-mail:

UK Tier 2 – Work Permit

You can apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa if:
  • you’ve been offered a skilled job in the UK
  • you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland

You need to be employed by a licensed sponsor to apply to live in the UK.

Your sponsor checks that you can do the job they’re hiring you for and if it qualifies you for a visa. They’ll assign you a certificate of sponsorship to prove this.

They must also give you other information you need when you apply, for example how much you’ll be paid.

How long it will take

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you’re due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship.

You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.

Check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in your country.

How long you can stay

You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (General) visa for a maximum of 5 years and 14 days, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 1 month, whichever is shorter.

You can start your stay up to 14 days before the start date on your certificate of sponsorship.

RAS provides expert advice on the right route to immigrate to the UK based on customer needs, skill sets, circumstances, chances of success which are based on immigration laws. And then prepares, submits and monitors visa application to get necessary approval. We can also help with employment, education and relocation solutions to help you make most out of your chosen UK option.

Please e-mail at or contact our office in London to learn how we can help you emigrate/immigrate to visit, study, work, settle or set up and grow your business in the UK and Europe. Apart from Corporate we provide services to skilled professionals, businessmen and students.



Fields marked with * are mandatory:
Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement  |  Copyright © 2008 by RAS